Monday, September 26, 2011

The Cosmetics Plus Story


Cosmetics Plus Forever



Intoduction




I worked for Cosmetics Plus from June 3, 1974 until I was fired in May, 1978


I worked as a truck driver, warehouse man and for a brief time, assistant warehouse manager under a man named Stanley Kalafut, whose passing away in 2010 inspired me to put together the variety of ways I wrote about my time working there.


The bulk of this collection comes from a 1998 journal recalling those events with several earlier journal entries I wrote starting just after I started college in 1979, and a series of journals I wrote after meeting up with a fellow worker, John Telson, in early 2002.


This is not a happy story. I do not come across as a good guy in it, but it is a story of people whose lives came together at a particular time and place, and how this changed me and them forever.


Some of us went on to live totally different lives than we expected, others remained prisoners of that time, locked into habits we could not escape, and in the end, found that our life is story was written in those years in the dust of Cosmetics Plus, a testimony to hopes and dreams that never materialized




1 - Stan the Man



2 - Nothing crazy here, boy



3 - The job I almost never had



5 - D&B Wholesale warehouse


6 - Carmella


7 - Carmella's World


8 - Stanley's World


9 - Music Man Stan


10 - Donald's Ambition


11 - On the Road -- at last


12 - John Charles Telson III


13 - Donald's Dream Warehouse


14 - Gary


15 - Cliff O'Neil


16 - Isolation and Rebellion
More to follow






Cosmetics Plus menu






Main Menu




email to Al Sullivan




































































No comments: